Attention: IUFoST Adhering Bodies
All Adhering Bodies are asked to complete to the background information form available here to facilitate participate in the 2014 IUFoST Election
Please send copies of the adhering body background information to: email@example.com with "AB Background" in the Subject Line. Thank you
The 17th IUFoST World Food Congress brings together again the international food science and technology community to foster relationships, share knowledge and develop strategies towards our mission of Strengthening Global Food Science and Technology for Humanity. We look forward to seeing many of you in Montreal, Canada, 17-21 August 2014 as we meet together and celebrate achievement and discuss the global challenges in our profession.
Visit the 17th IUFoST World Food Congress Page - IUFoST 2014
Competitions and Opportunities
There are competitions and opportunities to showcase your country’s innovation, future leaders and generous spirit towards the global good. Our Adhering Bodies, the more than 75 national scientific bodies in IUFoST, are invited to take part in all these competitions and opportunities by encouraging nominations and then by being involved in the process of selection of the national entries who best exemplify innovation and leadership in industry, government and academia. Your assistance in communicating these opportunities to your relevant contacts, encouraging submissions, and forwarding nominees for consideration would be much appreciated.
Please send copies of all nominations and election materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Nominations and Competitions" in the Subject Line. Thank you
Global Food Industry Awards: celebrating food science and technology innovation in three product-related categories and announce in conjunction with the Industry Leaders Summit at the congress.
For more information and nomination form - Global Food Industry
Food Science Students Fighting Hunger - Global Student New Product Development Competition: Encourages food science and technology undergraduate students to develop innovative food product projects.
For more information and nomination form - Global Student New Product Development Competition
Young Scientists: Seven outstanding candidates from national IUFoST bodies will be selected for this unique opportunity to address the World Congress to meet distinguished members of the profession and to share in strategic planning on a global level for food science and technology.
For more information and nomination form - Young Scientists
Food Safety without Borders - Graduate Student Paper Competition: submitted papers prepared by food science and technology graduate students on development of an indigenous food for new uses and markets with the goal of enhancing food safety.
For more information and nomination form - Graduate Student Paper Competition
- More than 300,000 food scientists and technologists worldwide
- Scientific expertise at the global level
- Over 70 national food organizations
- Unparalleled networking
- Professional development on a global level
- Education and training
- Regional conferences and symposia
- World Food Congress
- Scientific Information Bulletins
- Journals, books, newsletters
- International Academy of Food Science and Technology
- Regional Groups - Assocation Latinoamerica y del Caribe de Ciencia y Technologia de Alimentos (ALACCTA), European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFoST), The Federation of the Institutes of Food Sciences and Technology in ASEAN (FIFSTA), Western African Association of Food Science and Technology (WAAFoST), Middle East and North Africa Association of Food Science and Technology (MENAFoST)
- Special Interest / Disciplinary Groups - International Society of Food Engineering (ISFE). International Commission on Microbiological Specifications for Foods (ICMSF), International Symposium of Properties of Water (ISOPOW), International Society of Nutraceuticals and Funcational Foods (ISNFF), International Food Research Collaboration (IFRC), International Society Food Applications Nanoscale Sciences (ISEANS)